INTERDISTRICT TRANSFER APPLICATION WINDOW FOR 2024-2025 WILL BE APRIL 1 - MAY 15, 2024
PAPERWORK MUST BE COMPLETED AT BOTH YOUR RESIDENT DISTRICT AND NON-RESIDENT DISTRICT
Allows non-district students to transfer into Banks School District or vice versa.
· Decisions are made based on hardship and capacity.
· Interdistrict transfer applications are accepted during the application window from April to mid-May, with the exception of hardship applications which may be initiated at any time during the year. Download the form below and return to the district office.
Transfer into Public Virtual Charter Schools
In order to transfer to a public virtual charter school you must submit in writing, an intent to enroll to the Banks School District. Questions about enrollment procedures should be directed to the specific charter school.
Per ODE a district may release up to 3% of it’s student population to public virtual charter schools. If a district has reached its 3% cap, the intent to enroll may be denied.
If you need to request a hardship transfer, please complete an Interdistrict Transfer application and attach a letter stating the specific reasons for your request. Hardship cases are reviewed on a case by case basis throughout the school year. When considering an Interdistrict Hardship Transfer, Banks School District will use the following criteria, defined in OAR 581-021-0019 (1)(c).
- Hardship defined as the student:
- is being impacted by a parent or guardian’s military deployment
- is experiencing instability related to homelessness or foster care placement
- has a documented medical condition that necessitates a transfer
- is impacted by the death of a parent
- there is severe financial hardship for the family
- is involved in a documented case of severe harassment, intimidation, bullying or cyber-bullying
Interdistrict Transfer requests are considered contingent upon meeting behavior and attendance expectations:
- Attendance of 92% or greater;
- No more than one suspension per academic year; no suspension of, or greater than, five days;
- No expulsions;
- Timely transportation is the responsibility of the family.
- Any other terms written in the acceptance letter to be applied consistently to all students.
Non-resident students should contact their home school district office for transfer requirements.